It is distributed under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License.
It's a complete rewrite of the shadok sockets PHP4 library (the one behind phpos and sh4re).
It may also become - one day - the core of nanoweb 3.0
Nanoserv main features include :
- 100% object oriented, asynchronous event-based framework
- designed for high performance and robustness
- native support for IPv6, TCP with SSL/TLS, UDP and Unix sockets
- multiplexing and forking listeners
- base handlers for raw connections, line input, Telnet, HTTP, SMTP, XML-RPC, Syslog, SOAP, DHCP and JSON-RPC
- transparent inter process communication with forked handlers
- high precision timers
- and a lot more ...
Any feedback, ideas, help for documentation writing or beta-testing, would be greatly appreciated !
DocumentationThere is no real documentation at the moment.
The classes reference should be helpful, and you can have a look at the few examples to begin with.
For a list of past and future changes, have a look at the ChangeLog and TODO files.
- Make sure you have a recent PHP-cli binary installed in your path
- Download and extract the latest version of nanoserv
- You may want to install phpDocumentor to generate the nanoserv API documentation: pear install phpDocumentor
- Build and install nanoserv: ./configure && make && make install